2021 Annual Member Challenge: Color Me Festive!
Welcome to Canyon’s 2021 annual member challenge. This year’s theme is Color Me Festive! The challenge uses fabrics from Moody Bloom by Moda. Each participating Canyon member received a swatch of one of the two fabrics in the image above to use in their quilt. Learn about the theme of the 2021 Canyon member challenge.
To give you an idea of the scale of the quilts, all quilts are 14″ square.
We hope you enjoy viewing each of the 33 quilts shown in the gallery below. They are displayed alphabetically by title.
See if you can find one of the two theme fabrics in each quilt. Some are hard to fine, but each quilt has one!
VIewer's Choice Awards
- Most Clever Use of the Challenge Fabric: SWEET SIXTEEN by Christine Brock
- Best Quilt from a First Time Submitter: BAILE DE MUERTOS (DANCE OF THE DEAD) by Elena Lujan-Alba
- Best Precision Sewing: MOONGLOW by Patt Anderson
- Most Creative Use of Theme: SWEET SIXTEEN by Christine Brock
- Best Use of Embellishment: THE ALOHA TREE by Tara Ritacco
- Best Use of Technique: SWEET SIXTEEN by Christine Brock
- Website Viewer’s Choice Award: MOONGLOW by Patt Anderson
Judge's Choice Awards
Judging by Susan Lazear
- Best Use of Color: MOONGLOW by Patt Anderson
- Most Festive: FESTIVE SPIRAL by Carol Simpson
- Design Excellence: SWEET SIXTEEN by Christine Brock
View the Quilts Close Up
Click on any quilt to enlarge it. Then use the right and left arrows to move through the quilts, which are displayed alphabetically by title.
When you finish viewing the larger images, click “VIEW ALL QUILTS” (in the aqua heading above the quilt gallery) to change the view from one large image to multiple images.